Thursday, September 16, 2010

Who's The Best Rapper Alive?

Within the Hip-Hop community a question that's asked a lot is who's the best? But who specifically is the best alive? Many ignorant fans who only listen to mainstream rap will quickly say Jay-Z is the best alive or Lil Wayne is the best alive..I disagree. I agree more with someone saying Eminem is the best alive than either of the previous two.

My personal opinion is I do not believe there is a best or best alive. I don't think there can be one just better than everyone else. There are too many different aspects to it. Too many styles and skill sets to say one rapper is better than the rest hands down. I believe there are greats and there are fakes, but no one above everyone else. Just my opinion, don't hate.

When someone says Wayne is the best rapper alive or best ever I laugh. I am not a fan of Weezy, but I'm not a hater so don't get it twisted. I believe a rapper should do everything they rap about and shouldn't lie or fabricate. Well Wayne is one of the biggest fabricators in rap, don't believe? Do your research. But that's getting off topic.. I don't think one rapper can be the best, but in some cases one rapper can be better than another by far.

When I think of the best rappers I think of 2Pac, Eminem, DMX, Immortal Technique, Tech N9ne, Rakim, Nas, Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap, Ice Cube, Joe Budden, Royce Da 5'9", Crooked I, Joell Ortiz, Proof, Wu Tang Clan, Redman, Beanie Sigel, OutKast, Bone Thugs, Copywrite, Dead Prez, Jedi Mind Tricks, Talib Kweli, Geto Boys, Ras Kass, Pharoahe Monch, Lupe Fiasco, KRS-One, Jadakiss, Ill Bill, EPMD, Diabolic, Classified, Atmosphere, The Roots, Outlawz, Killah Priest, and so many more its unreal.

When I look at Hip-Hop as a whole its easy to see who is real and who is fake. Today almost every rapper you hear on radio and see on TV is fake. They sold out for a record deal and are label puppets. Most new rappers don't even know or respect Hip-Hop's true roots. You don't see any paying homage to those that laid the path for them today. Yeah they may say Eminem influenced them, or Pac or Nas..I'm talking before Em, Pac, or Nas. Do your research and understand Hip-Hop as a culture before you claim to be anything within Hip-Hop.

In my eyes there are legends and fakes. Before you say a certain MC is the best or one of the best do your homework and check the facts. A lot of who these kids listen to today are completely fake and spitting a lie. Plus they biters. There are so many amazing rappers underground that you wouldn't believe until you listen.

This is just a quick rant I wanted to post up, more may come soon on this topic. Follow me on Twitter, I do follow back.

@DynamiteMuzik